Feb 2, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
The Baseball Crank is both a baseball expert and a contributor to the conservative blog Redstate. So he has special insight into all of this. And he has basically blown my mind with his latest post:
Think about it. Both are essentially relics of the 1990s who have spent a good deal of the past decade as TV pundits, and have had to overcome the initial instinct to laugh at the sudden re-emergence of a once-controversial figure so long out of power …
And it goes on and on like that. Total must-read material. It’s a stunningly good analogy, even if it’s somewhat unsettling. Of course I’d argue that it breaks down the moment each of them actually regain power, inasmuch as Bobby Valentine may not win with the Red Sox, but he’s not going to send them over a cliff in flames the way I fear President Gingrich would.
Not to get political or anything.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29