Feb 2, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
The Baseball Crank is both a baseball expert and a contributor to the conservative blog Redstate. So he has special insight into all of this. And he has basically blown my mind with his latest post:
Think about it. Both are essentially relics of the 1990s who have spent a good deal of the past decade as TV pundits, and have had to overcome the initial instinct to laugh at the sudden re-emergence of a once-controversial figure so long out of power …
And it goes on and on like that. Total must-read material. It’s a stunningly good analogy, even if it’s somewhat unsettling. Of course I’d argue that it breaks down the moment each of them actually regain power, inasmuch as Bobby Valentine may not win with the Red Sox, but he’s not going to send them over a cliff in flames the way I fear President Gingrich would.
Not to get political or anything.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)