Feb 2, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
The Baseball Crank is both a baseball expert and a contributor to the conservative blog Redstate. So he has special insight into all of this. And he has basically blown my mind with his latest post:
Think about it. Both are essentially relics of the 1990s who have spent a good deal of the past decade as TV pundits, and have had to overcome the initial instinct to laugh at the sudden re-emergence of a once-controversial figure so long out of power …
And it goes on and on like that. Total must-read material. It’s a stunningly good analogy, even if it’s somewhat unsettling. Of course I’d argue that it breaks down the moment each of them actually regain power, inasmuch as Bobby Valentine may not win with the Red Sox, but he’s not going to send them over a cliff in flames the way I fear President Gingrich would.
Not to get political or anything.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 64
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)