Chris Tillman is in the Best Shape of His Life

Feb 2, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT

Chris Tillman AP

BSOHL stories are usually reserved for veterans looking to rebound from a decline.  But even a 23 year-old can be in the BSOHL. Just ask Orioles’ pitcher Chris Tillman:

“I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been, at least stronger,” he said. “All the running has definitely helped. I truly believe I’m better than I’ve ever been. I went to API last year, but that was more about injury prevention. This year, I’m going after it. No more tryout stuff. I’ve got to get after it. I’m train pretty hard out there.”

I worry about these younger guys being in the BSOHL. They’re way more media-aware than the older guys. They get memes quicker and stuff.  Soon — like, at any time now — some young player is going to ironically offer that he is in the BSOHL, and once that happens I feel like all of the fun will be taken out of it.

And don’t you dare say that the fun is already out of it. I NEED these stories, dammit. It’s the only way to get through the winter. So humor me, OK?

1. El Bravo - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I’d like to point out that at age 30, I, El Bravo, formerly known as Mr. Jason El Bravo Heyward, am also very likely to be in the best shape of my life. I’m at least stronger and as fast as I was in my soccer/rugby days. Last year, I felt good but it was more about consistency. This year I’m going full steam ahead. No more practice, this is the time to go after it. I’ve been training hard to get to this point so that I can go get it. By “it”, I mean pie of course.

• kopy - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM

And by “pie” you mean…

• El Bravo - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I mean giggity giggity goo. I thought hat was clear.

2. kopy - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM

And so grows the list. Tillman joins the minority youth movement of BSOHL, along with 25 year olds Dexter Fowler, Justin Smoak, and Carlos Gutierrez, edging out the 24 year old Yonder Alonso for the younger player in the BSOHL..

Official 2012 BSOHL Roster

Yoenis Cespedes – FA

Awaiting Confirmation:
    Phil Hughes – NYY
    Brett Cecil – TOR
    Bill Hall – FA

• lyon810 - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM

My BSOHL fantasy team is seriously lacking pitching.

3. illcomm - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Come on Craig. Where is the WSOTL? These one sided columns are getting to the ridiculous point.

4. Kyle - Feb 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Oh, no he’s not.

5. kaf39 - Feb 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Good for him.

6. foreverchipper10 - Feb 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

“It’s the only way to get through the winter. So humor me, OK?”

Is it? Is it really? Why oh why have you not brought back the Twitter questions yet?

• El Bravo - Feb 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Yeah! WTF? How come we can’t have the Tweeeeeeter Q&A in the off season? BOOO that

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5261)