Feb 2, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
But the Athletics are not alone.
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Orioles are also exploring the thought of making an offer to the 39-year-old free agent slugger.
Ramirez made only 17 total plate appearances last year for the Rays and must serve a 50-game PED suspension before being allowed to appear in a regular season game this season. But he posted a respectable .870 OPS with nine home runs and 42 RBI across 320 plate appearances in 2010 and is claiming to be in improved shape. He seems likely to score a minor league deal from someone.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)