Feb 2, 2012, 8:41 AM EST
Gawker/Deadspin’s A.J. Daulerio is not always the muckraker Gotham wants, but sometimes he’s the muckraker Gotham needs.
Wait, not sure we really need this, but it’s out there anyway and 800 readers will send me this throughout the day asking me to link it, so I link it: Daulerio tracked down Brian Cashman’s mistress. She’s fed up with the Yankees’ GM, reached out to his wife, and is basically opening up about it all.
Go for the story, stay for the picture of Cashman’s pajama pants. Oh, and on at least one tangential baseball point, the hearsay from the mistress in which she says that Cashman said that Jorge Posada was acting like a “spoiled brat” last season, presumably when he sat out of that game because Joe Girardi dropped him way down in the batting order.
Whether any of this is anyone’s business or newsworthy or whatever is an open question. On the one hand it all seems kind of unseemly, and apart from the Posada thing, has nothing to do with baseball. On the other hand, Cashman and a handful of other larger baseball figures are routinely covered by the baseball press for non-baseball things such as their charity work, their homes, and all manner of other things, so this is a balancing yin to all of that yang.
We link, you decide, then we all read it regardless of what we say about the morals and ethics of it all because deep, deep down we all like gossip and let’s not pretend we don’t.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 3
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)