Feb 2, 2012, 8:41 AM EST
Gawker/Deadspin’s A.J. Daulerio is not always the muckraker Gotham wants, but sometimes he’s the muckraker Gotham needs.
Wait, not sure we really need this, but it’s out there anyway and 800 readers will send me this throughout the day asking me to link it, so I link it: Daulerio tracked down Brian Cashman’s mistress. She’s fed up with the Yankees’ GM, reached out to his wife, and is basically opening up about it all.
Go for the story, stay for the picture of Cashman’s pajama pants. Oh, and on at least one tangential baseball point, the hearsay from the mistress in which she says that Cashman said that Jorge Posada was acting like a “spoiled brat” last season, presumably when he sat out of that game because Joe Girardi dropped him way down in the batting order.
Whether any of this is anyone’s business or newsworthy or whatever is an open question. On the one hand it all seems kind of unseemly, and apart from the Posada thing, has nothing to do with baseball. On the other hand, Cashman and a handful of other larger baseball figures are routinely covered by the baseball press for non-baseball things such as their charity work, their homes, and all manner of other things, so this is a balancing yin to all of that yang.
We link, you decide, then we all read it regardless of what we say about the morals and ethics of it all because deep, deep down we all like gossip and let’s not pretend we don’t.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)