Feb 2, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
Gawker/Deadspin’s A.J. Daulerio is not always the muckraker Gotham wants, but sometimes he’s the muckraker Gotham needs.
Wait, not sure we really need this, but it’s out there anyway and 800 readers will send me this throughout the day asking me to link it, so I link it: Daulerio tracked down Brian Cashman’s mistress. She’s fed up with the Yankees’ GM, reached out to his wife, and is basically opening up about it all.
Go for the story, stay for the picture of Cashman’s pajama pants. Oh, and on at least one tangential baseball point, the hearsay from the mistress in which she says that Cashman said that Jorge Posada was acting like a “spoiled brat” last season, presumably when he sat out of that game because Joe Girardi dropped him way down in the batting order.
Whether any of this is anyone’s business or newsworthy or whatever is an open question. On the one hand it all seems kind of unseemly, and apart from the Posada thing, has nothing to do with baseball. On the other hand, Cashman and a handful of other larger baseball figures are routinely covered by the baseball press for non-baseball things such as their charity work, their homes, and all manner of other things, so this is a balancing yin to all of that yang.
We link, you decide, then we all read it regardless of what we say about the morals and ethics of it all because deep, deep down we all like gossip and let’s not pretend we don’t.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)