Feb 2, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
UPDATE: That was a quick targeting. Heyman reports that the Nationals and Jackson have a deal. Jackson was seen in an airport, presumably on his way to Washington for a physical. The shocker: it’s reportedly a one-year deal. Heyman says it’s in the $8-12 million range.
Which, yes, we’ve heard that Jackson was willing to accept a one year deal, but one had to figure that a Scott Boras client signing with Washington would have caused Mike Rizzo to go crazy and sign him for eleventeen years and dicketseven billion dollars. This is a pretty fair deal, all things considered.
The Nationals still have John Lannan of course and a lot of other pitching, creating a crowded staff. Adam Kilgore reports, however, that Washington is content to enter spring training with all of these guys, Lannan included, and make trades then if necessary.
1:17 PM: Excitement in Washington: First they beat John Lannan in arbitration, and now they’re “aggressively shopping him.” To whom? Doesn’t matter. Because the interesting part of it is the why: to make room for Edwin Jackson.
The Nats signing a Boras client? What are the friggin’ odds?
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)