The Official 2012 BSOHL Roster

Feb 2, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT

Atlas

Reader Kopy has been doing the Lord’s work: he’s been keeping track of all of the Best Shape of His Life guys as we post them.  Seriously, dudes: news you can use.

Kopy has periodically updated them in the comments of BSOHL stories, but I figure it’s worth putting them in a post.  So, here are your BOHL All-Stars. To date anyway:

Official 2012 BSOHL Roster

Dmitri Young – FA
Yoenis Cespedes – FA

Awaiting Confirmation:

Phil Hughes – NYY
Brett Cecil – TOR
Bill Hall – FA

Kopy notes that 23 year-old Chris Tillman is the youngest so far. He is followed by 24 year-old Yonder Alonso and then 25 year-olds Dexter Fowler, Justin Smoak, and Carlos Gutierrez.

Thank you for your efforts, Kopy.  Thanks to you, we can churn one more post out of this sort of non-story story, and by doing so, it gets us that much closer to real baseball.

1. nolanwiffle - Feb 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Thanks kopy…….I guess.

• kopy - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:09 PM

You are welcome. There are worse ways to pass the time until Spring Training. The draft is in my mom’s basement. Doritos provided. BYOB. Don’t forget to take your shoes off before you come in the house.

Don’t act like you aren’t curious to see how the upcoming season for these guys compares to their career averages!

2. stlouis1baseball - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Yeah…thanks a lot Kopy. This stuff is critically important.
    So based upon the number of Mariners on the list…are we safe in assuming Seattle’s team conditioning has been the worse among all other teams?
    Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Atkins Diet, Miami Beach diet, Seafood Diet, Liquid Diet, etc..
    It opens up endless possibilites for sponsorships.

• El Bravo - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Don’t forget the piet…the all-pie diet.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hahaha! Wow. You have done it again Bravo. The “piet.” LOL! Well done.

• birdman6824 - Feb 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I made a Sugar Cream Pie yesterday ! Yum !

• kopy - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I can’t speak for Smoak and Olivo. But Gutierrez has the funniest, yet most sympathetic, reason for making the list as his BSOHL comments were essentially derived from regaining the weight and strength he lost during his recent battle with irritable bowel syndrome.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM

IBS!

3. El Bravo - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Where’s the douchenozzle list post, jerkface? I keeeed! You can’t have it b/c it’s my own intellectual property, and besides, there’s only one douchenozzle on there right now so it’s a short list anyhow.

4. diehardcubbiefan4life - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

posts like these are one of the many reasons I love hardballtalk :D

• rollinghighwayblues - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Amen to that. Craig, when are you gonna offer some sweet HBT novelty merch? T-shirts, coffee mugs, mousepads etc.

• cur68 - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I call 1st Tiffany Bobblehead! ….and first official bubble pipe with Lair™ Logo…and if there are any more Phantic Rugs shot, I want one of those, too.

• Francisco (FC) - Feb 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Lair™ logo? Hmm… I … just… got… an IDEA!

• Gobias Industries - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:40 PM

The prime rib is one of the many reasons I love Peter Luger Steakhouse. But eating prime rib two or three times a day throughout the winter gets really old, really fast. All of sudden, the prime rib ain’t so tasty anymore, if you catch my drift. Hell, if I’m being honest here, I always thought the prime rib was kinda lame and I wish the chef would cook up something different. I understand that he needs to attract a certain number of customers into his restaurant but enough is enough. Give me something different. I’d even settle for some Francoeurn-on-the-Cob at this point because while it’s just as uninspired, at least it’s been a week or two since I’ve had it.

5. okobojicat - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM

and the lineup

CF Fowler
    RF Guitierrez
    ’3B’ Cabrera
    1B Teixera
    DH Alonzo
    LF Cespedes
    ‘SS’ Tejada
    ’2B’ Huff
    C Olivio

That’s a terrible defense. My god. I hope we have a lot of fly ball pitchers. Also, I put Guitierrez in RF as he’s played more innings there than Fowler, and I think he has a better arm.

S1: Garcia
    S2: Cecil
    S3: Hughes
    S4: Zambrano
    S5 Tillman

yeah, that’s a lot of groundballs through the infield. Though with Hall coming off the bench, at least we’ll be versatile.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Considering what you have to work with…that is a solid lineup Okobo.
      Of course…no one wants Tejada playing SS but whaddya’ do?

• kopy - Feb 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM

If we’re going to have Tejada and Huff playing middle infield with Cabrera at 3B, then at least we have them when they’re in the BEST SHAPE OF THEIR LIVES!!! amirite?

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Kopy that….kopy.

• wlschneider09 - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I would put Hall at 2B. Sacrifice the hitting for a chance to actually turn a DP now and then.

Padilla is our BSOHL closer?

6. Gamera the Brave - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Huff at 2nd base?!? (shudders)
    At least cat didn’t stick him back in right field. Now THAT was hard to watch.
    Almost Canseco-esque…

7. danandcasey - Feb 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Please add me to the roster. South Beach diet, going to the gym 3 times a week, …. Even at 50, I truly (sadly?) am in the BSOML. I am going to rock the Comments this upcoming season!

• sportsdrenched.com - Feb 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

One more belt size and I can say “Adult” life. I still think my HS Wrestler Self could kick my ass. But it would be on points, I wouldn’t get pinned. Of course he had 3 hours to run, lift, and wrestle every day. I don’t have that luxury. I know I’m making excuses.

8. leftywildcat - Feb 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Whatever became of 2011′s “Best Shape of their Life” crew? Any make the All Star Team? Playoffs? Any of them out of baseball by the end of the season? There must be some reason that so little attention is paid to such posts.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5199)