Feb 2, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Via WEEI comes word that La Prensa newspaper in Nicaragua is reporting that Vicente Padilla — who just signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox — is facing an order not to leave Nicaragua over a child support flap.
He originally had an arrest warrant issued but it was rescinded. He’s alleged to owe $4,200 in child support. Given that he’s made over $50 million playing baseball, I’m assuming this will be resolved fairly quickly with a check cut and an order telling him not to slack on it again.
Of course the most shocking thing about all of this has less to do with him being an alleged deadbeat dad or any implications it has for the Red Sox as much as it has to do with the cold hard knowledge that, at some point, an actual human woman agreed to procreate with Vicente Padilla.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 43
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 56
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 48
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)