Feb 3, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT
Last September, Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin was arrested after causing a single-car accident while driving while intoxicated. It was his second incident. In fact, he was still on probation from a previous drunk driving arrest that occurred in 2010.
After the September arrest FOX Sports Midwest suspended McLaughlin, and it was unclear whether he’d be back doing Cardinals play-by-play. The answer is in now: yes he will.
“He has been with us 14 years and is very good at what he does,” Jack Donovan, FSM’s general manager, said Thursday. “He’s a very hard worker. We expect him to continue” to be … “It’s perceived as an illness,” Donovan said. “We’re trying to support him.”
Here’s hoping McLaughlin stays on the straight-and-narrow. In light of today’s news, God knows it ain’t easy.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)