Feb 3, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT
Last September, Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin was arrested after causing a single-car accident while driving while intoxicated. It was his second incident. In fact, he was still on probation from a previous drunk driving arrest that occurred in 2010.
After the September arrest FOX Sports Midwest suspended McLaughlin, and it was unclear whether he’d be back doing Cardinals play-by-play. The answer is in now: yes he will.
“He has been with us 14 years and is very good at what he does,” Jack Donovan, FSM’s general manager, said Thursday. “He’s a very hard worker. We expect him to continue” to be … “It’s perceived as an illness,” Donovan said. “We’re trying to support him.”
Here’s hoping McLaughlin stays on the straight-and-narrow. In light of today’s news, God knows it ain’t easy.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)