Feb 3, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT
Last September, Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin was arrested after causing a single-car accident while driving while intoxicated. It was his second incident. In fact, he was still on probation from a previous drunk driving arrest that occurred in 2010.
After the September arrest FOX Sports Midwest suspended McLaughlin, and it was unclear whether he’d be back doing Cardinals play-by-play. The answer is in now: yes he will.
“He has been with us 14 years and is very good at what he does,” Jack Donovan, FSM’s general manager, said Thursday. “He’s a very hard worker. We expect him to continue” to be … “It’s perceived as an illness,” Donovan said. “We’re trying to support him.”
Here’s hoping McLaughlin stays on the straight-and-narrow. In light of today’s news, God knows it ain’t easy.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (101)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)