Feb 3, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
Last September, Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin was arrested after causing a single-car accident while driving while intoxicated. It was his second incident. In fact, he was still on probation from a previous drunk driving arrest that occurred in 2010.
After the September arrest FOX Sports Midwest suspended McLaughlin, and it was unclear whether he’d be back doing Cardinals play-by-play. The answer is in now: yes he will.
“He has been with us 14 years and is very good at what he does,” Jack Donovan, FSM’s general manager, said Thursday. “He’s a very hard worker. We expect him to continue” to be … “It’s perceived as an illness,” Donovan said. “We’re trying to support him.”
Here’s hoping McLaughlin stays on the straight-and-narrow. In light of today’s news, God knows it ain’t easy.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (112)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)