Feb 3, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT
Rex Hudler, the “Wonder Dog” himself, is shaping up as the favorite to take over as the Kansas City Royals color guy, according to the Star’s Bob Dutton.
Hudler, who was let go by the Angels two years ago, would replace former Royals star Frank White.
Hudler and Steve Physioc made up one of the game’s worst TV teams before both being replaced at the same time prior to the 2010 season. Hudler’s enthusiasm may have been cherished by a few Angels fans, but it’s basically all he brings to the job. It’s doubtful any other broadcasting team did less homework on the league as a whole than Hudler and Physioc did.
Of course, White’s problem was that he was overly critical of the Royals, so FOX Sports Kansas City now wants to go as far in the opposite direction as possible. And that is Hudler; no one can celebrate a productive out quite like the Wonder Dog.
But this is just a totally evil plan. The Royals finally look to be worth watching after 25 years of irrelevance, and now is looks like they’re going to be saddled with an unlistenable broadcast.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)