The San Francisco Giants have gained weight and lost weight

Feb 3, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT

scale help

I’m hesitating to slap the BSOHL tag on this — I’ll let the commenters decide — but know that:

(a) Tim Lincecum has lost 21 pounds in the offseason;

(b) Brian Wilson has lost 15 pounds in the offseason; and

(c) Pablo Sandoval has gained 25 pounds, though he claims it’s all muscle and at least one beat writer tweeted today that he “looked good.”

So, two BSOHL candidates and one WSOHL candidate. Well, maybe not WSOHL. I don’t think even a 25-pound weight gain would put Sandoval in the same place he was in 2010.

Now the big question: where in the heck did Tim Lincecum find 21 pounds to lose?

1. kjt929 - Feb 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Poblo will suck this year

• rcpj22 - Feb 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

So will your spelling and analysis!

2. stangable - Feb 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Seriously where could Tim drop that weight from? Did he shave his head or something?

3. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Way to quit the munchies, Tim.

4. SOBEIT - Feb 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Lincecum put on weight/muscle before the 2011 season to increase his endurance and overall velocity into late innings. That’s why we saw him hit 94-95 consistently and late into games. But it seemed to mess with the stuff on his pitches. As a result he actually had a higher pitch count than in previous years and less swing and misses which was his calling card the first 3 years. I think the lanky build actually helps with his movement on breaking pitches so that it breaks later and harder. That was missing in 2011. We shall see if that works and brings back the CyLincecum we have all been accustomed to seeing. I think too much was put into the fact that he went from a 94-96mph pitcher to a 89-93mph.

Pablo is Pablo and the weight will always be an issue. This is only the second offseason where he exercised so much in the offseason. But he has dedicated himself and is in way better shape than 2010. Pablo will be a 30/95 hitter and hopefully the added muscle will help with his power, but will also help with his endurance late into the season and hopefully minimize the nagging injuries he played through most of 2011.

5. cur68 - Feb 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Wilson only had to shave that bear’s pubis off his face and he’d lose the 15 pounds. The BSOL article I’m waiting on is Kurt Suzuki. He and I have a similar problem: trouble gaining and maintaining a healthy weight. I’m curious to see where he finishes up.

6. paulydefense - Feb 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Timmy down to a solid 104 lbs.

7. dowhatifeellike - Feb 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Tim didn’t lose any weight, he just weighed in without his stash this year.

8. btwicey - Feb 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Lol @ 104lb

9. crisisjunky - Feb 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM

“Got me two shoes, two t-shirts, got me a shave kit , my trousers, my sannies and glove…
    and 497and a half feet of rope.”
    “What’s the rope for Timmy?”
    “Ahhh– I just carry it….”
    (credit Jaime Brockett)

10. Jonny 5 - Feb 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM

That 21 pounds was in the trunk of his car to start the off season more than likely.

11. sonoco - Feb 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM

So which one is in the best shape of his life again?

12. aceshigh11 - Feb 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Lincecum losing 21 pounds?? WHAT??

13. bleed4philly - Feb 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

He’s back on the the reefer.

14. kcredneck - Feb 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

its called the coke, coke, and smoke diets, possibly!!!!

Harper vs. Trout? It's just the opening act