Feb 3, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
I’m hesitating to slap the BSOHL tag on this — I’ll let the commenters decide — but know that:
(a) Tim Lincecum has lost 21 pounds in the offseason;
(b) Brian Wilson has lost 15 pounds in the offseason; and
(c) Pablo Sandoval has gained 25 pounds, though he claims it’s all muscle and at least one beat writer tweeted today that he “looked good.”
So, two BSOHL candidates and one WSOHL candidate. Well, maybe not WSOHL. I don’t think even a 25-pound weight gain would put Sandoval in the same place he was in 2010.
Now the big question: where in the heck did Tim Lincecum find 21 pounds to lose?
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29