Feb 3, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Reyes had let his trademark dreadlocks grow since 2007, but he signed his big $106 million deal with the Marlins in December with the knowledge that he would have to get them cut off. Miami’s team policy prohibits hair below the helmet line.
The picture to the right shows the haircut in progress, but the Marlins’ Twitter feed has a picture of the new-look shortstop.
Reyes seemed a bit traumatized by the experience, to be honest, but it’s at least going to a good cause. His old locks have been put up on Ebay and proceeds will go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida. In fact, the bidding is live right now. The starting bid is $2,500, if you are so inclined.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)