Feb 4, 2012, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a decision on how much Marlins right-hander Anibal Sanchez will earn this season is expected to be announced on Monday.
Sanchez requested an $8 million salary and was offered $6.9 million from the Marlins when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The two sides argued their cases Friday in an arbitration hearing.
Sanchez, 27, registered a solid 3.67 ERA and 202/64 K/BB ratio across 196 1/3 innings in 2011. He’s scheduled to become a free agent in the fall, though the Marlins have expressed some interest in locking him up to a long-term contract extension.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 43
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (139)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)