Feb 4, 2012, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a decision on how much Marlins right-hander Anibal Sanchez will earn this season is expected to be announced on Monday.
Sanchez requested an $8 million salary and was offered $6.9 million from the Marlins when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The two sides argued their cases Friday in an arbitration hearing.
Sanchez, 27, registered a solid 3.67 ERA and 202/64 K/BB ratio across 196 1/3 innings in 2011. He’s scheduled to become a free agent in the fall, though the Marlins have expressed some interest in locking him up to a long-term contract extension.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)