Feb 4, 2012, 9:29 PM EST
According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a decision on how much Marlins right-hander Anibal Sanchez will earn this season is expected to be announced on Monday.
Sanchez requested an $8 million salary and was offered $6.9 million from the Marlins when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The two sides argued their cases Friday in an arbitration hearing.
Sanchez, 27, registered a solid 3.67 ERA and 202/64 K/BB ratio across 196 1/3 innings in 2011. He’s scheduled to become a free agent in the fall, though the Marlins have expressed some interest in locking him up to a long-term contract extension.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)