Feb 4, 2012, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a decision on how much Marlins right-hander Anibal Sanchez will earn this season is expected to be announced on Monday.
Sanchez requested an $8 million salary and was offered $6.9 million from the Marlins when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The two sides argued their cases Friday in an arbitration hearing.
Sanchez, 27, registered a solid 3.67 ERA and 202/64 K/BB ratio across 196 1/3 innings in 2011. He’s scheduled to become a free agent in the fall, though the Marlins have expressed some interest in locking him up to a long-term contract extension.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 49
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead