Feb 4, 2012, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a decision on how much Marlins right-hander Anibal Sanchez will earn this season is expected to be announced on Monday.
Sanchez requested an $8 million salary and was offered $6.9 million from the Marlins when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The two sides argued their cases Friday in an arbitration hearing.
Sanchez, 27, registered a solid 3.67 ERA and 202/64 K/BB ratio across 196 1/3 innings in 2011. He’s scheduled to become a free agent in the fall, though the Marlins have expressed some interest in locking him up to a long-term contract extension.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)