Feb 4, 2012, 10:42 AM EDT
This whole topic definitely pushes the boundaries of what we’re willing to talk about here at HardballTalk, as it’s only relevant because Brian Cashman is the general manager of the New York Yankees, but since we’ve followed the ugly and bizarre situation regarding his alleged extramarital affairs this week, it only makes sense that we also pass this story along.
According to Liz Sadler, Jeane Macintosh and Dan Mangan of the New York Post, Cashman’s wife has filed for divorce.
The wife of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman filed for divorce yesterday — a day after her husband was publicly accused of a second affair, this time with a woman who has been charged with shaking him down, The Post has learned.
Mary Cashman, 42, submitted divorce papers in Stamford, Conn., Superior Court, listing her husband as “B.M. Cashman” and writing that the marriage “has broken down irretrievably.”
She is seeking permanent alimony, a split of their property, and joint custody of their 13-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son.
Mary Cashman, who has now endured two publicly humiliating allegations of her husband’s philandering, has been living apart from Brian Cashman in the family’s $3.7 million Darien mansion with the kids, sources said.
She hired top divorce counsel Gaetano Ferro, who repped Jane Welch during her half-billion-dollar split from former GE boss Jack Welch.
And with that out of the way, let’s move on to some actual baseball news.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 39
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 44
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)