Feb 4, 2012, 10:42 AM EST
This whole topic definitely pushes the boundaries of what we’re willing to talk about here at HardballTalk, as it’s only relevant because Brian Cashman is the general manager of the New York Yankees, but since we’ve followed the ugly and bizarre situation regarding his alleged extramarital affairs this week, it only makes sense that we also pass this story along.
According to Liz Sadler, Jeane Macintosh and Dan Mangan of the New York Post, Cashman’s wife has filed for divorce.
The wife of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman filed for divorce yesterday — a day after her husband was publicly accused of a second affair, this time with a woman who has been charged with shaking him down, The Post has learned.
Mary Cashman, 42, submitted divorce papers in Stamford, Conn., Superior Court, listing her husband as “B.M. Cashman” and writing that the marriage “has broken down irretrievably.”
She is seeking permanent alimony, a split of their property, and joint custody of their 13-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son.
Mary Cashman, who has now endured two publicly humiliating allegations of her husband’s philandering, has been living apart from Brian Cashman in the family’s $3.7 million Darien mansion with the kids, sources said.
She hired top divorce counsel Gaetano Ferro, who repped Jane Welch during her half-billion-dollar split from former GE boss Jack Welch.
And with that out of the way, let’s move on to some actual baseball news.
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 4
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 127
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (127)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)