Feb 4, 2012, 10:42 AM EDT
This whole topic definitely pushes the boundaries of what we’re willing to talk about here at HardballTalk, as it’s only relevant because Brian Cashman is the general manager of the New York Yankees, but since we’ve followed the ugly and bizarre situation regarding his alleged extramarital affairs this week, it only makes sense that we also pass this story along.
According to Liz Sadler, Jeane Macintosh and Dan Mangan of the New York Post, Cashman’s wife has filed for divorce.
The wife of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman filed for divorce yesterday — a day after her husband was publicly accused of a second affair, this time with a woman who has been charged with shaking him down, The Post has learned.
Mary Cashman, 42, submitted divorce papers in Stamford, Conn., Superior Court, listing her husband as “B.M. Cashman” and writing that the marriage “has broken down irretrievably.”
She is seeking permanent alimony, a split of their property, and joint custody of their 13-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son.
Mary Cashman, who has now endured two publicly humiliating allegations of her husband’s philandering, has been living apart from Brian Cashman in the family’s $3.7 million Darien mansion with the kids, sources said.
She hired top divorce counsel Gaetano Ferro, who repped Jane Welch during her half-billion-dollar split from former GE boss Jack Welch.
And with that out of the way, let’s move on to some actual baseball news.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)