Feb 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday’s throwing session took place at the Yankees’ minor league complex in Tampa, Florida. Chamberlain threw off a five-inch mound with Yankees’ pitching coach Larry Rothschild and team vice president Billy Connors in attendance.
Chamberlain posted a 2.83 ERA and 24/7 K/BB ratio over 28 2/3 innings before going under the knife last June. The 26-year-old right-hander was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter and agreed to a one-year, $1.675 million contract with New York last month. Barring any setbacks, he should be back in the Yankees’ bullpen at some point during the first half of the season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)