Feb 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday’s throwing session took place at the Yankees’ minor league complex in Tampa, Florida. Chamberlain threw off a five-inch mound with Yankees’ pitching coach Larry Rothschild and team vice president Billy Connors in attendance.
Chamberlain posted a 2.83 ERA and 24/7 K/BB ratio over 28 2/3 innings before going under the knife last June. The 26-year-old right-hander was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter and agreed to a one-year, $1.675 million contract with New York last month. Barring any setbacks, he should be back in the Yankees’ bullpen at some point during the first half of the season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)