Feb 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Yesterday’s throwing session took place at the Yankees’ minor league complex in Tampa, Florida. Chamberlain threw off a five-inch mound with Yankees’ pitching coach Larry Rothschild and team vice president Billy Connors in attendance.
Chamberlain posted a 2.83 ERA and 24/7 K/BB ratio over 28 2/3 innings before going under the knife last June. The 26-year-old right-hander was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter and agreed to a one-year, $1.675 million contract with New York last month. Barring any setbacks, he should be back in the Yankees’ bullpen at some point during the first half of the season.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)