Feb 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday’s throwing session took place at the Yankees’ minor league complex in Tampa, Florida. Chamberlain threw off a five-inch mound with Yankees’ pitching coach Larry Rothschild and team vice president Billy Connors in attendance.
Chamberlain posted a 2.83 ERA and 24/7 K/BB ratio over 28 2/3 innings before going under the knife last June. The 26-year-old right-hander was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter and agreed to a one-year, $1.675 million contract with New York last month. Barring any setbacks, he should be back in the Yankees’ bullpen at some point during the first half of the season.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 15
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 101
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 159
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)