Feb 5, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Uehara posted an uninspiring 4.00 ERA in 18 innings for the Rangers last season after joining the team in a late-July trade from Baltimore. He also surrendered five earned runs on five hits in three postseason relief appearances. Texas would like to get rid of his $4 million salary and maybe score a prospect in return.
Uehara has a stellar 3.13 career ERA, 9.6 K/9 and 1.3 BB/9 since debuting as a big leaguer in 2009. A’s GM Billy Beane is likely viewing the 36-year-old right-hander as potentially attractive mid-season trade bait.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)