Feb 5, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Uehara posted an uninspiring 4.00 ERA in 18 innings for the Rangers last season after joining the team in a late-July trade from Baltimore. He also surrendered five earned runs on five hits in three postseason relief appearances. Texas would like to get rid of his $4 million salary and maybe score a prospect in return.
Uehara has a stellar 3.13 career ERA, 9.6 K/9 and 1.3 BB/9 since debuting as a big leaguer in 2009. A’s GM Billy Beane is likely viewing the 36-year-old right-hander as potentially attractive mid-season trade bait.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 89
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 137
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 70
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (138)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)