Feb 5, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Uehara posted an uninspiring 4.00 ERA in 18 innings for the Rangers last season after joining the team in a late-July trade from Baltimore. He also surrendered five earned runs on five hits in three postseason relief appearances. Texas would like to get rid of his $4 million salary and maybe score a prospect in return.
Uehara has a stellar 3.13 career ERA, 9.6 K/9 and 1.3 BB/9 since debuting as a big leaguer in 2009. A’s GM Billy Beane is likely viewing the 36-year-old right-hander as potentially attractive mid-season trade bait.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona