Feb 5, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
The deal also carries $100K worth of incentives.
Aceves requested $1.6 million and was offered $950,000 from the Red Sox when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took several weeks, but the two sides have found a middle ground.
The 29-year-old will get a shot at a rotation spot this spring after posting an impressive 2.61 ERA across 114 innings (four starts, 51 relief appearances) in 2011. He’s under contract control through the 2014 season.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 1
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)