Feb 5, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
The deal also carries $100K worth of incentives.
Aceves requested $1.6 million and was offered $950,000 from the Red Sox when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took several weeks, but the two sides have found a middle ground.
The 29-year-old will get a shot at a rotation spot this spring after posting an impressive 2.61 ERA across 114 innings (four starts, 51 relief appearances) in 2011. He’s under contract control through the 2014 season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)