Feb 5, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
The deal also carries $100K worth of incentives.
Aceves requested $1.6 million and was offered $950,000 from the Red Sox when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took several weeks, but the two sides have found a middle ground.
The 29-year-old will get a shot at a rotation spot this spring after posting an impressive 2.61 ERA across 114 innings (four starts, 51 relief appearances) in 2011. He’s under contract control through the 2014 season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (158)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)