Feb 5, 2012, 9:32 AM EST
The deal also carries $100K worth of incentives.
Aceves requested $1.6 million and was offered $950,000 from the Red Sox when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took several weeks, but the two sides have found a middle ground.
The 29-year-old will get a shot at a rotation spot this spring after posting an impressive 2.61 ERA across 114 innings (four starts, 51 relief appearances) in 2011. He’s under contract control through the 2014 season.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27