Feb 6, 2012, 9:48 AM EST
Local ads are awesome. And by awesome, I mean that they’re usually terrible. This one for a mortgage company in St. Louis isn’t terrible, really, but it is kinda strange.
Watch as Tony La Russa extols the virtues of seizing the moment and all that jazz, and then watch as Albert Pujols is used as a metaphor for rising mortgage interest rates:
I wonder if La Russa knew that that imagery was going to be used in the ad. I’m gonna bet that he didn’t.
(thanks to Jason Wolfersberger for the heads up)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)