Feb 6, 2012, 9:48 AM EDT
Local ads are awesome. And by awesome, I mean that they’re usually terrible. This one for a mortgage company in St. Louis isn’t terrible, really, but it is kinda strange.
Watch as Tony La Russa extols the virtues of seizing the moment and all that jazz, and then watch as Albert Pujols is used as a metaphor for rising mortgage interest rates:
I wonder if La Russa knew that that imagery was going to be used in the ad. I’m gonna bet that he didn’t.
(thanks to Jason Wolfersberger for the heads up)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11