Feb 6, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Calcaterra stepped out of the virtual office for a moment, so it’s my duty to inform you of yet another player in the Best Shape of His Life.
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution has the big news on Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman:
Freeman’s put on lot of muscle since last yr, did rigorous workout regimen w/ a top trainer. 15 lbs? “At least,” McCann said of Freeman.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) February 6, 2012
Freeman, who finished runner-up to teammate Craig Kimbrel in the Rookie of the Year balloting, is listed at 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds. Add him to the list!
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (334)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)