Feb 6, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Calcaterra stepped out of the virtual office for a moment, so it’s my duty to inform you of yet another player in the Best Shape of His Life.
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution has the big news on Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman:
Freeman’s put on lot of muscle since last yr, did rigorous workout regimen w/ a top trainer. 15 lbs? “At least,” McCann said of Freeman.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) February 6, 2012
Freeman, who finished runner-up to teammate Craig Kimbrel in the Rookie of the Year balloting, is listed at 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds. Add him to the list!
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)