Feb 6, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Calcaterra stepped out of the virtual office for a moment, so it’s my duty to inform you of yet another player in the Best Shape of His Life.
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution has the big news on Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman:
Freeman’s put on lot of muscle since last yr, did rigorous workout regimen w/ a top trainer. 15 lbs? “At least,” McCann said of Freeman.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) February 6, 2012
Freeman, who finished runner-up to teammate Craig Kimbrel in the Rookie of the Year balloting, is listed at 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds. Add him to the list!
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)