Feb 6, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
After three years as one of the most dominant relievers in baseball Kuo was awful last year, allowing 29 runs in 27 innings. As usual he missed a ton of bats, racking up 36 strikeouts, but Kuo struggled to throw strikes with 23 walks and also battled anxiety issues.
Last season’s problems combined with a lengthy injury history led to Kuo being non-tendered by the Dodgers in December, but he’s still just 30 years old and given his 1.96 ERA and 201 strikeouts in 179 innings from 2008-2010 it’s easy to see why the Mariners took a flier on him.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)