Feb 6, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Two years ago, about 77% of our January-February posts were about Johnny Damon. This year? Not a ton, really. Aging is hard.
But after all of the ink we spilled back then — our first offseason on this blog — I still sort of feel like this is Johnny Damon season. So I pass along the word from Jim Bowden:
There are four teams that are still playing on Johnny Damon to different degree’s: Baltimore, Seattle, Oakland & NYY…surprisingly not TB
— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) February 6, 2012
Of course, no one seems all that serious.
Last we heard he wanted $5 million. Seems pretty unlikely he’ll get that. He could still help someone though, so while some of the many DH-types may be without teams this year, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him sign a cheap deal before spring training begins.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)