Feb 6, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Two years ago, about 77% of our January-February posts were about Johnny Damon. This year? Not a ton, really. Aging is hard.
But after all of the ink we spilled back then — our first offseason on this blog — I still sort of feel like this is Johnny Damon season. So I pass along the word from Jim Bowden:
There are four teams that are still playing on Johnny Damon to different degree’s: Baltimore, Seattle, Oakland & NYY…surprisingly not TB
— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) February 6, 2012
Of course, no one seems all that serious.
Last we heard he wanted $5 million. Seems pretty unlikely he’ll get that. He could still help someone though, so while some of the many DH-types may be without teams this year, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him sign a cheap deal before spring training begins.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)