Feb 6, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
In Sports Illusdtated, Thomas Lake and Melisa Segura have an in-depth story about the kidnapping of Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos last November.
It’s fascinating simply as a straight-forward telling of the story of how Ramos was kidnapped, the conditions he faced in captivity and how he was freed. But it’s also fascinating in relaying how many Venezuelans don’t believe the official account of the government and of Ramos. Rather, conspiracy theories have cropped up about almost every aspect of it, ranging from the reasons Ramos was in a position to be kidnapped — some think he was chasing a girl — to how he was freed — some think that, rather than a firefight in the mountains, Miguel Cabrera paid the ransom.
It’s a great story that reads like a mystery. Highly recommended.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights