Feb 6, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
In what was the worst-kept secret ever — news and images leaked weeks ago — the Braves have unveiled their new alternate jerseys this morning. They are identical to the examples that leaked previously.
They look pretty spiffy too. The only downside:
This is the club’s first home uniform change since it introduced alternate red jerseys before the start of the 2005 season. The plan is to continue wearing the red jersey for all Friday night games in Atlanta.
Blah. Those red ones are abominations.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)