Feb 6, 2012, 10:36 AM EST
In what was the worst-kept secret ever — news and images leaked weeks ago — the Braves have unveiled their new alternate jerseys this morning. They are identical to the examples that leaked previously.
They look pretty spiffy too. The only downside:
This is the club’s first home uniform change since it introduced alternate red jerseys before the start of the 2005 season. The plan is to continue wearing the red jersey for all Friday night games in Atlanta.
Blah. Those red ones are abominations.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)