The Braves officially unveil their new alternate jerseys

Feb 6, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT

Braves alternates

In what was the worst-kept secret ever — news and images leaked weeks ago — the Braves have unveiled their new alternate jerseys this morning.  They are identical to the examples that leaked previously.

They look pretty spiffy too.  The only downside:

This is the club’s first home uniform change since it introduced alternate red jerseys before the start of the 2005 season. The plan is to continue wearing the red jersey for all Friday night games in Atlanta.

Blah. Those red ones are abominations.

1. bpclay - Feb 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I really don’t mind the red jerseys *that* much; however, I wish they would go back to the all-grey uniforms for road games. The navy tops, and grey pants look like a pair of pajamas.

• Francisco (FC) - Feb 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Well, it is common sense to pack in your PJs on the road…

2. heynerdlinger - Feb 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

And here I thought that Valerie Plame’s identity was the worst-kept secret ever.

3. The Baseball Gods - Feb 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Yay!! Another post about new Atlanta Braves jerseys!! One is never enough when you are talking about the Atlanta Braves…….Oh yeah, I forgot….Craig is a Braves fan and since the Braves don’t do much in the off-season he has to find something to write about them.

4. detroitcityryda - Feb 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Player 00 is he a big free agent signing ?

5. greymares - Feb 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM

looks a lot like the phillies alternate uniform to me.

6. nelsonsaint - Feb 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I mind the casual racism much more than the ugly red jerseys.

• nelsonsaint - Feb 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM

It’s hard to believe the thumbs-down. The Tomahawk Chop and Chief Wahoo are an embarrassment to Major League Baseball. We wouldn’t casually accept derogatory nicknames for other races. Yet, somehow, our native peoples are allowed to be caricatured for our sporting benefit.

• sasquash20 - Feb 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Native Americans were more screwed then the African Americans. There isn’t enough money and Native Americans to push a valiant effort to stop the racist Atlanta Braves.

They should be forced to go to 14 years of playoffs in a row and only win one championship. Oh wait that already happened. They should be forced to only let half there fans into the stadium for home games. Oh wait that already happens because they are a horrible fan base. They should be forced to live in Atlanta, the cesspool of the south. Oh wait that already happened. You know what it must suck to be a fan of, or be a member of the Atlanta Braves, or someone who lives in Atlanta, or someone who has to stop in Atlanta, or someone who has a lay over in Atlanta, or someone who has to even talk about Atlanta. It sucks to even write a message about how much it sucks in Atlanta. Atlanta sucks you racist hill billy scum city!

7. mojosmagic - Feb 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sasquash everybody has been screwing everybody over since the beginning of time. It’s survival of the strongest at that moment. I can see the Redskins name be demeaning but not the Braves. People who go through life bemoaning 100 /200 year old injustices are letting their own lives pass them by in a negative way.

• sasquash20 - Feb 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I actually agree with you. I was just taking an easy shot at my hated rival Braves.

8. foreverchipper10 - Feb 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Once again I will state my love of the red jerseys. I don’t know why I love them but I do. I will be sporting a red McCann jersey once the season starts.

Pitching vs. history in NL wild card game
  1. D. Jeter (3477)