Feb 6, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
In December the Cubs reportedly balked at trading Blake DeWitt to the Rockies for Ian Stewart. Now they’ve designated him for assignment instead.
The move was necessitated by the Cubs claiming Adrian Cardenas on waivers from the Athletics, so the Cubs have essentially traded a 26 year-old utilityman for a 24-year-old one.
Cardenas had a nice year at Sacramento last season, but it was his third go-around in Triple-A, so it’s not like this is a total game-changer or anything.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 6
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 22
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)