Feb 6, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
In December the Cubs reportedly balked at trading Blake DeWitt to the Rockies for Ian Stewart. Now they’ve designated him for assignment instead.
The move was necessitated by the Cubs claiming Adrian Cardenas on waivers from the Athletics, so the Cubs have essentially traded a 26 year-old utilityman for a 24-year-old one.
Cardenas had a nice year at Sacramento last season, but it was his third go-around in Triple-A, so it’s not like this is a total game-changer or anything.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)