Feb 6, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
Guthrie has been the subject of trade rumors since — I think — the William McKinley administration. He’s been with the O’s for five seasons. In two of those he led the league in losses, so that’s special. Last year he had an ERA of 4.33 in 32 starts. He’s really durable, though, pitching more than 200 innings for the past three seasons.
Lindstrom had his best season as a major leaguer coming out of the Rockies’ pen last season, appearing in 63 games and posting an ERA of 3.00. Hammel appeared in 32 games, starting 27 of them, going 7-13 with an ERA of 4.76. In many respects he’s a poor-man’s Guthrie.
Like, literally a poor-man’s Guthire, as Jeremy was poised to make either $7.25 million or $10.25 million after his arbitration hearing this month. Now that’s Colorado’s problem, as Rosenthal reports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rockies.
UPDATE: The deal is for $8.25 million.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)