Feb 6, 2012, 9:36 AM EST
Guthrie has been the subject of trade rumors since — I think — the William McKinley administration. He’s been with the O’s for five seasons. In two of those he led the league in losses, so that’s special. Last year he had an ERA of 4.33 in 32 starts. He’s really durable, though, pitching more than 200 innings for the past three seasons.
Lindstrom had his best season as a major leaguer coming out of the Rockies’ pen last season, appearing in 63 games and posting an ERA of 3.00. Hammel appeared in 32 games, starting 27 of them, going 7-13 with an ERA of 4.76. In many respects he’s a poor-man’s Guthrie.
Like, literally a poor-man’s Guthire, as Jeremy was poised to make either $7.25 million or $10.25 million after his arbitration hearing this month. Now that’s Colorado’s problem, as Rosenthal reports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rockies.
UPDATE: The deal is for $8.25 million.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 17
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)