Feb 6, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
Guthrie has been the subject of trade rumors since — I think — the William McKinley administration. He’s been with the O’s for five seasons. In two of those he led the league in losses, so that’s special. Last year he had an ERA of 4.33 in 32 starts. He’s really durable, though, pitching more than 200 innings for the past three seasons.
Lindstrom had his best season as a major leaguer coming out of the Rockies’ pen last season, appearing in 63 games and posting an ERA of 3.00. Hammel appeared in 32 games, starting 27 of them, going 7-13 with an ERA of 4.76. In many respects he’s a poor-man’s Guthrie.
Like, literally a poor-man’s Guthire, as Jeremy was poised to make either $7.25 million or $10.25 million after his arbitration hearing this month. Now that’s Colorado’s problem, as Rosenthal reports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rockies.
UPDATE: The deal is for $8.25 million.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)