Feb 6, 2012, 9:36 AM EST
Guthrie has been the subject of trade rumors since — I think — the William McKinley administration. He’s been with the O’s for five seasons. In two of those he led the league in losses, so that’s special. Last year he had an ERA of 4.33 in 32 starts. He’s really durable, though, pitching more than 200 innings for the past three seasons.
Lindstrom had his best season as a major leaguer coming out of the Rockies’ pen last season, appearing in 63 games and posting an ERA of 3.00. Hammel appeared in 32 games, starting 27 of them, going 7-13 with an ERA of 4.76. In many respects he’s a poor-man’s Guthrie.
Like, literally a poor-man’s Guthire, as Jeremy was poised to make either $7.25 million or $10.25 million after his arbitration hearing this month. Now that’s Colorado’s problem, as Rosenthal reports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rockies.
UPDATE: The deal is for $8.25 million.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)