Feb 6, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
Guthrie has been the subject of trade rumors since — I think — the William McKinley administration. He’s been with the O’s for five seasons. In two of those he led the league in losses, so that’s special. Last year he had an ERA of 4.33 in 32 starts. He’s really durable, though, pitching more than 200 innings for the past three seasons.
Lindstrom had his best season as a major leaguer coming out of the Rockies’ pen last season, appearing in 63 games and posting an ERA of 3.00. Hammel appeared in 32 games, starting 27 of them, going 7-13 with an ERA of 4.76. In many respects he’s a poor-man’s Guthrie.
Like, literally a poor-man’s Guthire, as Jeremy was poised to make either $7.25 million or $10.25 million after his arbitration hearing this month. Now that’s Colorado’s problem, as Rosenthal reports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rockies.
UPDATE: The deal is for $8.25 million.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 35
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 13
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 65
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games