Feb 6, 2012, 9:18 PM EDT
OK, this is a fun one.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees will introduce two “official fragrances” on Tuesday, February 21 at a cocktail reception in Manhattan. They’ll be called “New York Yankees” and “New York Yankees For Her.”
If the rumors are true, this must be excellent news for Derek Jeter, as I’d imagine he is always looking for ways to enhance his gift basket experience. Sure, there were a lot of ways I could have gone with this one, but it’s pretty hard to pass up an opportunity to talk about gift baskets again. Forgive me.
Coincidentally, the Mets are also planning to introduce an official fragrance later this month. Each bottle costs $20 million and is filled with the tears of Mr. Met.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 3
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 23
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (168)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)