Feb 6, 2012, 9:18 PM EDT
OK, this is a fun one.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees will introduce two “official fragrances” on Tuesday, February 21 at a cocktail reception in Manhattan. They’ll be called “New York Yankees” and “New York Yankees For Her.”
If the rumors are true, this must be excellent news for Derek Jeter, as I’d imagine he is always looking for ways to enhance his gift basket experience. Sure, there were a lot of ways I could have gone with this one, but it’s pretty hard to pass up an opportunity to talk about gift baskets again. Forgive me.
Coincidentally, the Mets are also planning to introduce an official fragrance later this month. Each bottle costs $20 million and is filled with the tears of Mr. Met.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)