Feb 6, 2012, 9:18 PM EDT
OK, this is a fun one.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees will introduce two “official fragrances” on Tuesday, February 21 at a cocktail reception in Manhattan. They’ll be called “New York Yankees” and “New York Yankees For Her.”
If the rumors are true, this must be excellent news for Derek Jeter, as I’d imagine he is always looking for ways to enhance his gift basket experience. Sure, there were a lot of ways I could have gone with this one, but it’s pretty hard to pass up an opportunity to talk about gift baskets again. Forgive me.
Coincidentally, the Mets are also planning to introduce an official fragrance later this month. Each bottle costs $20 million and is filled with the tears of Mr. Met.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)