Feb 6, 2012, 9:18 PM EST
OK, this is a fun one.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees will introduce two “official fragrances” on Tuesday, February 21 at a cocktail reception in Manhattan. They’ll be called “New York Yankees” and “New York Yankees For Her.”
If the rumors are true, this must be excellent news for Derek Jeter, as I’d imagine he is always looking for ways to enhance his gift basket experience. Sure, there were a lot of ways I could have gone with this one, but it’s pretty hard to pass up an opportunity to talk about gift baskets again. Forgive me.
Coincidentally, the Mets are also planning to introduce an official fragrance later this month. Each bottle costs $20 million and is filled with the tears of Mr. Met.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)