Feb 6, 2012, 9:18 PM EST
OK, this is a fun one.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees will introduce two “official fragrances” on Tuesday, February 21 at a cocktail reception in Manhattan. They’ll be called “New York Yankees” and “New York Yankees For Her.”
If the rumors are true, this must be excellent news for Derek Jeter, as I’d imagine he is always looking for ways to enhance his gift basket experience. Sure, there were a lot of ways I could have gone with this one, but it’s pretty hard to pass up an opportunity to talk about gift baskets again. Forgive me.
Coincidentally, the Mets are also planning to introduce an official fragrance later this month. Each bottle costs $20 million and is filled with the tears of Mr. Met.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)