Feb 6, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
anybody need a lefty… lefty are 6-67 last two years… #justsayin
— Clayton Rapada (@pada5something) February 6, 2012
Rapada correctly notes that left-handed hitters were just 6-for-67 off him during the past two seasons, which is a remarkable .089 batting average. He smartly opted not to mention that right-handed hitters went 14-for-26 (.538) with four homers off him over that same span.
He’s a solid left-handed specialist, but Rapada will probably clear waivers and have to settle for a minor-league deal.
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants concussions to remain part of the game 0
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 13
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 24
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 28
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 64
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)