Feb 7, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Utilityman Bill Hall has signed with the Yankees. This was first reported by … Bill Hall:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
Hey, guys who backup A-Rod once in a while get a ring if the Yankees win it all too.
Hall is coming off a horrible season, but he has some power and can play multiple positions, so it works. And it’s not like it’s a big commitment: minor league deal with a $600,000 base salary if he makes the team and $600,000 more in incentives based on plate appearances. He can opt out of the deal if he’s not on the major league roster by April 4.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)