Feb 7, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Utilityman Bill Hall has signed with the Yankees. This was first reported by … Bill Hall:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
Hey, guys who backup A-Rod once in a while get a ring if the Yankees win it all too.
Hall is coming off a horrible season, but he has some power and can play multiple positions, so it works. And it’s not like it’s a big commitment: minor league deal with a $600,000 base salary if he makes the team and $600,000 more in incentives based on plate appearances. He can opt out of the deal if he’s not on the major league roster by April 4.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)