Feb 7, 2012, 4:09 PM EST
Utilityman Bill Hall has signed with the Yankees. This was first reported by … Bill Hall:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
Hey, guys who backup A-Rod once in a while get a ring if the Yankees win it all too.
Hall is coming off a horrible season, but he has some power and can play multiple positions, so it works. And it’s not like it’s a big commitment: minor league deal with a $600,000 base salary if he makes the team and $600,000 more in incentives based on plate appearances. He can opt out of the deal if he’s not on the major league roster by April 4.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)