Feb 7, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Utilityman Bill Hall has signed with the Yankees. This was first reported by … Bill Hall:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
Hey, guys who backup A-Rod once in a while get a ring if the Yankees win it all too.
Hall is coming off a horrible season, but he has some power and can play multiple positions, so it works. And it’s not like it’s a big commitment: minor league deal with a $600,000 base salary if he makes the team and $600,000 more in incentives based on plate appearances. He can opt out of the deal if he’s not on the major league roster by April 4.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 4
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 129
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)