Feb 7, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Utilityman Bill Hall has signed with the Yankees. This was first reported by … Bill Hall:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
Hey, guys who backup A-Rod once in a while get a ring if the Yankees win it all too.
Hall is coming off a horrible season, but he has some power and can play multiple positions, so it works. And it’s not like it’s a big commitment: minor league deal with a $600,000 base salary if he makes the team and $600,000 more in incentives based on plate appearances. He can opt out of the deal if he’s not on the major league roster by April 4.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 0
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)