Feb 7, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Wright sticking around this long is pretty remarkable for a guy with an 85-121 record and 4.93 ERA, but lots of those ugly numbers came while starting for the Rockies early in his career and he’s actually been a decent middle reliever for a while now.
Wright has a 4.12 ERA in 367 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007, including a 3.16 ERA in 68 innings for the Mariners last season, although his K/BB ratio during that same five-year span was terrible at 235/175.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)