Feb 7, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
Wright sticking around this long is pretty remarkable for a guy with an 85-121 record and 4.93 ERA, but lots of those ugly numbers came while starting for the Rockies early in his career and he’s actually been a decent middle reliever for a while now.
Wright has a 4.12 ERA in 367 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007, including a 3.16 ERA in 68 innings for the Mariners last season, although his K/BB ratio during that same five-year span was terrible at 235/175.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)