Feb 7, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Wright sticking around this long is pretty remarkable for a guy with an 85-121 record and 4.93 ERA, but lots of those ugly numbers came while starting for the Rockies early in his career and he’s actually been a decent middle reliever for a while now.
Wright has a 4.12 ERA in 367 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007, including a 3.16 ERA in 68 innings for the Mariners last season, although his K/BB ratio during that same five-year span was terrible at 235/175.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)