Feb 7, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Wright sticking around this long is pretty remarkable for a guy with an 85-121 record and 4.93 ERA, but lots of those ugly numbers came while starting for the Rockies early in his career and he’s actually been a decent middle reliever for a while now.
Wright has a 4.12 ERA in 367 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007, including a 3.16 ERA in 68 innings for the Mariners last season, although his K/BB ratio during that same five-year span was terrible at 235/175.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)