Feb 7, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
Wright sticking around this long is pretty remarkable for a guy with an 85-121 record and 4.93 ERA, but lots of those ugly numbers came while starting for the Rockies early in his career and he’s actually been a decent middle reliever for a while now.
Wright has a 4.12 ERA in 367 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007, including a 3.16 ERA in 68 innings for the Mariners last season, although his K/BB ratio during that same five-year span was terrible at 235/175.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)