Feb 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Danny Clyburn Jr., a former baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles and Tampa Bay Devil Rays, died in a Lancaster shooting early Tuesday morning, police say. Clyburn, 37, was shot at about 2 a.m. at a home at 618 N. Market Street, Lancaster police said.
Details are sketchy, but apparently Clyburn was seen arguing with someone just before the shooting.
Clyburn played in the majors for three years. Two with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1997-98), one with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1999). He spent 11 years in the minors, finishing up with three years with the Newark Bears from 2002-04.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (78)