Feb 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Danny Clyburn Jr., a former baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles and Tampa Bay Devil Rays, died in a Lancaster shooting early Tuesday morning, police say. Clyburn, 37, was shot at about 2 a.m. at a home at 618 N. Market Street, Lancaster police said.
Details are sketchy, but apparently Clyburn was seen arguing with someone just before the shooting.
Clyburn played in the majors for three years. Two with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1997-98), one with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1999). He spent 11 years in the minors, finishing up with three years with the Newark Bears from 2002-04.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)