Feb 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Danny Clyburn Jr., a former baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles and Tampa Bay Devil Rays, died in a Lancaster shooting early Tuesday morning, police say. Clyburn, 37, was shot at about 2 a.m. at a home at 618 N. Market Street, Lancaster police said.
Details are sketchy, but apparently Clyburn was seen arguing with someone just before the shooting.
Clyburn played in the majors for three years. Two with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1997-98), one with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1999). He spent 11 years in the minors, finishing up with three years with the Newark Bears from 2002-04.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105