Feb 7, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
Due to a misunderstanding with the wonderful Ms. Markie Post and a restraining order that is totally bogus, my contract with NBC specifically forbids me from talking about “Night Court.” But I think I can talk about other NBC entertainment programming without running afoul of the contract.
Well, “Quantum Leap” may be off limits too, but that’s Dean Stockwell’s fault and HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID.
Anyway, a new show debuted on NBC last night. Because I really don’t watch much TV I hadn’t heard of it until, like, yesterday. It’s called “Smash” and it’s a musical and the very fact that I’m explaining it when all of you have probably already heard of it just underscores how out of touch I am with these things. It’s OK.
The reason I mention it is that there was a musical number about baseball in it. I gather that the overall plot of the show is pretty people making a musical about Marilyn Monroe, and that the baseball number is about her meeting Joe DiMaggio. Anyway, this is it if you’re into that sort of thing.
Look, I realize that musicals in general and “Smash” specifically aren’t intended for the same demographics as the sports blogs are. But really, would it have hurt NBC to throw in some HardballTalk product placement here? Like, have Debra Messing hold up an iPad with HBT on it?
Synergy, people. Gosh.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 1
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3