Feb 7, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
Due to a misunderstanding with the wonderful Ms. Markie Post and a restraining order that is totally bogus, my contract with NBC specifically forbids me from talking about “Night Court.” But I think I can talk about other NBC entertainment programming without running afoul of the contract.
Well, “Quantum Leap” may be off limits too, but that’s Dean Stockwell’s fault and HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID.
Anyway, a new show debuted on NBC last night. Because I really don’t watch much TV I hadn’t heard of it until, like, yesterday. It’s called “Smash” and it’s a musical and the very fact that I’m explaining it when all of you have probably already heard of it just underscores how out of touch I am with these things. It’s OK.
The reason I mention it is that there was a musical number about baseball in it. I gather that the overall plot of the show is pretty people making a musical about Marilyn Monroe, and that the baseball number is about her meeting Joe DiMaggio. Anyway, this is it if you’re into that sort of thing.
Look, I realize that musicals in general and “Smash” specifically aren’t intended for the same demographics as the sports blogs are. But really, would it have hurt NBC to throw in some HardballTalk product placement here? Like, have Debra Messing hold up an iPad with HBT on it?
Synergy, people. Gosh.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 103
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32