Feb 7, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
I have a guest column at Baseball Prospectus today looking back at the Johan Santana blockbuster trade four years later to see why the Twins would have been better off trading with the Red Sox or Yankees instead of the Mets and how it turned out horribly for everyone involved:
It’s a lengthy article and I think you’ll enjoy it, but mostly the 15-year-old me who obsessed about anything and everything Baseball Prospectus is pretty much losing his mind right about now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)