Feb 7, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said yesterday that he hadn’t talked to Roy Oswalt‘s agents in a week, but a short time later Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com reported that the two sides were “still in talks.”
Jocketty apparently read that and various other rumors linking the Reds to Oswalt, and he’s fed up with the whole thing. Here’s what he told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
It’s all rumors. I’m sick and tired of it. We’ve had no serious talks. We’ve had no contact with the player.
You may recall that earlier this offseason Jocketty said the Reds’ lack of significant moves were “very frustrating” only to pull off a big trade with the Padres for Mat Latos and another sizable deal with the Cubs for Sean Marshall.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)