Feb 7, 2012, 2:53 PM EST
You thought we couldn’t get any more fluffy, empty non-baseball baseball posts in today? Ha! I have not yet neared the bottom of the barrel. Not on your life, buster. Get a load of this:
The Minnesota Twins are cutting ties with the Kardashians, too. Well, sort of.
The team announced Tuesday it will auction off a baseball autographed by reality starlet Kim Kardashian and her ex-husband Kris Humphries. They signed the ball before a Twins game last July, when the Minnesota native and NBA player Humphries threw out the ceremonial first pitch.
I can only presume that if Kim and Kris had stayed together that, rather than auction the ball, they would have kept it in the Twins Hall of Fame and Museum, right next to the ball from Game 7 of the 1991 World Series, Harmon Killebrew’s Bat and Kent Hrbek’s brass knuckles. But now that their fairy tale is over it is no longer worthy of honor.
By the way: money from the auction will benefit Twins charities. Word on the street is that Gleeman understands that that purpose, and not picking up a decent cheap relief pitcher, is probably a better use of the proceeds.
But he still burns for guys like Todd Coffey. Don’t let him tell you any different.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)