Feb 8, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: After a total of 50 bids the auction is over and Reyes’ hair went for $10,200.
Jose Reyes got his dreadlocks cut live on MLB Network last week and now his hair is being auctioned off on eBay for charity.
And with two days remaining the price is already up over $6,000. Seriously.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation in South Florida, which will at least make the winning bidder’s story slightly less creepy when he tells people at parties. Or says to himself while wearing Reyes’ dreadlocks in the comfort of his dungeon. Whichever.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)