Feb 8, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
UPDATE: After a total of 50 bids the auction is over and Reyes’ hair went for $10,200.
Jose Reyes got his dreadlocks cut live on MLB Network last week and now his hair is being auctioned off on eBay for charity.
And with two days remaining the price is already up over $6,000. Seriously.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation in South Florida, which will at least make the winning bidder’s story slightly less creepy when he tells people at parties. Or says to himself while wearing Reyes’ dreadlocks in the comfort of his dungeon. Whichever.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)