Feb 8, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
UPDATE: After a total of 50 bids the auction is over and Reyes’ hair went for $10,200.
Jose Reyes got his dreadlocks cut live on MLB Network last week and now his hair is being auctioned off on eBay for charity.
And with two days remaining the price is already up over $6,000. Seriously.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation in South Florida, which will at least make the winning bidder’s story slightly less creepy when he tells people at parties. Or says to himself while wearing Reyes’ dreadlocks in the comfort of his dungeon. Whichever.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)