Feb 8, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: After a total of 50 bids the auction is over and Reyes’ hair went for $10,200.
Jose Reyes got his dreadlocks cut live on MLB Network last week and now his hair is being auctioned off on eBay for charity.
And with two days remaining the price is already up over $6,000. Seriously.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation in South Florida, which will at least make the winning bidder’s story slightly less creepy when he tells people at parties. Or says to himself while wearing Reyes’ dreadlocks in the comfort of his dungeon. Whichever.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)