Feb 8, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
UPDATE: After a total of 50 bids the auction is over and Reyes’ hair went for $10,200.
Jose Reyes got his dreadlocks cut live on MLB Network last week and now his hair is being auctioned off on eBay for charity.
And with two days remaining the price is already up over $6,000. Seriously.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation in South Florida, which will at least make the winning bidder’s story slightly less creepy when he tells people at parties. Or says to himself while wearing Reyes’ dreadlocks in the comfort of his dungeon. Whichever.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)