Feb 8, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Best Shape Of His Life stories can come in all shapes and sizes. They don’t necessarily have to involve superstars, and they don’t always need to be presented in full-length feature articles.
There are no rules for this phenomenon, you see. There is a logo now, but there are no rules.
Enter Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the bearded reliever has already arrived at the Cards’ spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida and has brought with him a “better-conditioned look.” As in, he’s slimmer and trimmer — ready to establish himself as a reliable major league setup man.
Lynn, 24, registered a solid 3.12 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 40/11 K/BB ratio in 34 2/3 regular-season innings last season out of the Cardinals’ bullpen before posting a 3.27 ERA in 10 postseason relief appearances.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (101)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)