Feb 8, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Best Shape Of His Life stories can come in all shapes and sizes. They don’t necessarily have to involve superstars, and they don’t always need to be presented in full-length feature articles.
There are no rules for this phenomenon, you see. There is a logo now, but there are no rules.
Enter Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the bearded reliever has already arrived at the Cards’ spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida and has brought with him a “better-conditioned look.” As in, he’s slimmer and trimmer — ready to establish himself as a reliable major league setup man.
Lynn, 24, registered a solid 3.12 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 40/11 K/BB ratio in 34 2/3 regular-season innings last season out of the Cardinals’ bullpen before posting a 3.27 ERA in 10 postseason relief appearances.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)