Feb 8, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Best Shape Of His Life stories can come in all shapes and sizes. They don’t necessarily have to involve superstars, and they don’t always need to be presented in full-length feature articles.
There are no rules for this phenomenon, you see. There is a logo now, but there are no rules.
Enter Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the bearded reliever has already arrived at the Cards’ spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida and has brought with him a “better-conditioned look.” As in, he’s slimmer and trimmer — ready to establish himself as a reliable major league setup man.
Lynn, 24, registered a solid 3.12 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 40/11 K/BB ratio in 34 2/3 regular-season innings last season out of the Cardinals’ bullpen before posting a 3.27 ERA in 10 postseason relief appearances.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)