Feb 8, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Best Shape Of His Life stories can come in all shapes and sizes. They don’t necessarily have to involve superstars, and they don’t always need to be presented in full-length feature articles.
There are no rules for this phenomenon, you see. There is a logo now, but there are no rules.
Enter Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the bearded reliever has already arrived at the Cards’ spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida and has brought with him a “better-conditioned look.” As in, he’s slimmer and trimmer — ready to establish himself as a reliable major league setup man.
Lynn, 24, registered a solid 3.12 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 40/11 K/BB ratio in 34 2/3 regular-season innings last season out of the Cardinals’ bullpen before posting a 3.27 ERA in 10 postseason relief appearances.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)