Feb 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
MLB just announced the 50 finalists for this season’s “Fan Cave” and there’s now an online vote to determine who makes the cut.
HardballTalk is officially endorsing Lindsay Guentzel, because she’s great and knows baseball. And also because she was a guest on my podcast last night to talk about the whole “Fan Cave” selection process and what the gig would entail (and lots of other stuff too).
If for some reason you think it would be a good thing to see more guys who’re Yankees and Red Sox fans represented there are predictably plenty of those to choose from among the final 50, but I think it would be nice to see a woman from Minnesota win the contest.
So head over to MLB.com and cast your vote for Lindsay.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 46
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 78
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)