Feb 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
MLB just announced the 50 finalists for this season’s “Fan Cave” and there’s now an online vote to determine who makes the cut.
HardballTalk is officially endorsing Lindsay Guentzel, because she’s great and knows baseball. And also because she was a guest on my podcast last night to talk about the whole “Fan Cave” selection process and what the gig would entail (and lots of other stuff too).
If for some reason you think it would be a good thing to see more guys who’re Yankees and Red Sox fans represented there are predictably plenty of those to choose from among the final 50, but I think it would be nice to see a woman from Minnesota win the contest.
So head over to MLB.com and cast your vote for Lindsay.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)