Feb 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
MLB just announced the 50 finalists for this season’s “Fan Cave” and there’s now an online vote to determine who makes the cut.
HardballTalk is officially endorsing Lindsay Guentzel, because she’s great and knows baseball. And also because she was a guest on my podcast last night to talk about the whole “Fan Cave” selection process and what the gig would entail (and lots of other stuff too).
If for some reason you think it would be a good thing to see more guys who’re Yankees and Red Sox fans represented there are predictably plenty of those to choose from among the final 50, but I think it would be nice to see a woman from Minnesota win the contest.
So head over to MLB.com and cast your vote for Lindsay.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)