Feb 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
MLB just announced the 50 finalists for this season’s “Fan Cave” and there’s now an online vote to determine who makes the cut.
HardballTalk is officially endorsing Lindsay Guentzel, because she’s great and knows baseball. And also because she was a guest on my podcast last night to talk about the whole “Fan Cave” selection process and what the gig would entail (and lots of other stuff too).
If for some reason you think it would be a good thing to see more guys who’re Yankees and Red Sox fans represented there are predictably plenty of those to choose from among the final 50, but I think it would be nice to see a woman from Minnesota win the contest.
So head over to MLB.com and cast your vote for Lindsay.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)