Feb 9, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
Earlier this offseason they were said to be discussing a long-term contract extension, but the two sides will instead go year by year for now at least with Gordon still under team via arbitration again in 2013.
He filed for $5.45 million and the Royals countered at $4.15 million, so they settled $25,000 below the midpoint following a career-year in which Gordon shed the prospect bust label at age 27 and hit .303 with 23 homers, 45 doubles, and an .879 OPS while winning a Gold Glove award in left field.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 7
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)