Feb 9, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
Earlier this offseason they were said to be discussing a long-term contract extension, but the two sides will instead go year by year for now at least with Gordon still under team via arbitration again in 2013.
He filed for $5.45 million and the Royals countered at $4.15 million, so they settled $25,000 below the midpoint following a career-year in which Gordon shed the prospect bust label at age 27 and hit .303 with 23 homers, 45 doubles, and an .879 OPS while winning a Gold Glove award in left field.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)