Feb 9, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
Earlier this offseason they were said to be discussing a long-term contract extension, but the two sides will instead go year by year for now at least with Gordon still under team via arbitration again in 2013.
He filed for $5.45 million and the Royals countered at $4.15 million, so they settled $25,000 below the midpoint following a career-year in which Gordon shed the prospect bust label at age 27 and hit .303 with 23 homers, 45 doubles, and an .879 OPS while winning a Gold Glove award in left field.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)