Feb 9, 2012, 5:37 PM EST
Earlier this offseason they were said to be discussing a long-term contract extension, but the two sides will instead go year by year for now at least with Gordon still under team via arbitration again in 2013.
He filed for $5.45 million and the Royals countered at $4.15 million, so they settled $25,000 below the midpoint following a career-year in which Gordon shed the prospect bust label at age 27 and hit .303 with 23 homers, 45 doubles, and an .879 OPS while winning a Gold Glove award in left field.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (167)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)