Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Breslow requested $2.1 million in his second season of arbitration eligibility, while the Diamondbacks countered at $1.5 million. They settled $5,000 below the midpoint and Breslow gets a raise from his $1.4 million salary last year after throwing 59 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 44/21 K/BB ratio.
Oakland got excellent value from Breslow after claiming him off waivers from the Twins for nothing in mid-2009, as he logged 189 innings with a 3.14 ERA and 159/68 K/BB ratio while earning a total of around $2 million. He figures to serve as Arizona’s primary left-handed setup man.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)