Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Breslow requested $2.1 million in his second season of arbitration eligibility, while the Diamondbacks countered at $1.5 million. They settled $5,000 below the midpoint and Breslow gets a raise from his $1.4 million salary last year after throwing 59 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 44/21 K/BB ratio.
Oakland got excellent value from Breslow after claiming him off waivers from the Twins for nothing in mid-2009, as he logged 189 innings with a 3.14 ERA and 159/68 K/BB ratio while earning a total of around $2 million. He figures to serve as Arizona’s primary left-handed setup man.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)