Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Breslow requested $2.1 million in his second season of arbitration eligibility, while the Diamondbacks countered at $1.5 million. They settled $5,000 below the midpoint and Breslow gets a raise from his $1.4 million salary last year after throwing 59 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 44/21 K/BB ratio.
Oakland got excellent value from Breslow after claiming him off waivers from the Twins for nothing in mid-2009, as he logged 189 innings with a 3.14 ERA and 159/68 K/BB ratio while earning a total of around $2 million. He figures to serve as Arizona’s primary left-handed setup man.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)