Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Breslow requested $2.1 million in his second season of arbitration eligibility, while the Diamondbacks countered at $1.5 million. They settled $5,000 below the midpoint and Breslow gets a raise from his $1.4 million salary last year after throwing 59 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 44/21 K/BB ratio.
Oakland got excellent value from Breslow after claiming him off waivers from the Twins for nothing in mid-2009, as he logged 189 innings with a 3.14 ERA and 159/68 K/BB ratio while earning a total of around $2 million. He figures to serve as Arizona’s primary left-handed setup man.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)