Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Breslow requested $2.1 million in his second season of arbitration eligibility, while the Diamondbacks countered at $1.5 million. They settled $5,000 below the midpoint and Breslow gets a raise from his $1.4 million salary last year after throwing 59 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 44/21 K/BB ratio.
Oakland got excellent value from Breslow after claiming him off waivers from the Twins for nothing in mid-2009, as he logged 189 innings with a 3.14 ERA and 159/68 K/BB ratio while earning a total of around $2 million. He figures to serve as Arizona’s primary left-handed setup man.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 134
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (136)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)