Feb 9, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I look forward to this every year: Keith Law has released his annual 100 top prospects list. Yes, it’s only for those with an Insider subscription, but at the risk of promoting the business of a competing sports network/conglomerate, I would submit to you that Law’s work is worth the price of a subscription itself, assuming you have the means.
I shan’t give away his list — you really should read it — but know that for the second year in a row he has the Angels’ Mike Trout first and Bryce Harper second. He also has a pretty good quote about Jesus Montero that I intend to steal and adapt for use of other defensively-challenged players (“As a catcher, Montero is not a catcher”). He also depresses me by noting that Braves prospect Arodys Vizaino is a great prospect as a starter when I suspect that Atlanta is gonna keep him in the pen.
Clear your calendar, folks. This is an annual must-read. And something that, if you care at all about prospects, which you should, you will go back and reference dozens of times throughout the season.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)