Mets general manager Sandy Alderson is on Twitter now

Feb 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EST

I’m assuming this is legit, because the Mets’ official Twitter feed just mentioned it: General manager Sandy Alderson is now on Twitter as @MetsGM.

And his first tweet was actually pretty funny:

Also on Twitter? @HardballTalk and @AaronGleeman. Calcaterra is on there too, but he has slightly more followers than me, so find him yourself.

1. Old Gator - Feb 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Not half as funny as this team is going to be when the starting pistol goes off in April.

2. mrjavascript - Feb 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

The best twitter account of any general manager belongs to @DodgersGM/

3. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Jealous of Craig, Gleeman?

4. buffalomafia - Feb 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Please get rid of your terrible Triple A team out of Buffalo!

5. dondada10 - Feb 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Sandy,

The Mets fan base is dying. We’re a New York team with a vanishing budget. We’re gonna finish in last, and every other club is either on top (Phillies), had a huge off-season (Fish and Nats) or have a wealth of young talent on the horizon (Braves and Nats).

So, if you could, shut the fuck up about not being able to afford gas. Isn’t it bad enough that the Mets are piss broke despite owning a cable network and a brand new stadium? You goddamn jerkoff.

Mets Fans

• sdelmonte - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I think this is funny. Shows he has a sense of humor.

But then I also think the Mets are still a pretty entertaining ballclub, so what do I know?

• jerseyshoregiant - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM

let’s see what kind of sense of humor the douchebage has when the stadium is practically empty every night!!
        It’s going to be real funny when the Mets and Phillies play and the stadium is 95% Phillies fans!

6. jerseybuc - Feb 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

dondada10 is right
    Last thing I remember Mr. Moneyball saying publicly was that he was not going to send flowers to Jose Reyes..Very cavalier comment, this was our guy, the most exciting player in the league, been a Met for a decade…he makes a throwaway line about losing him?
    He doesn’t get it. I am a Mets fan good or bad for over forty years, but it is one thing to be bad, another to be bad and have management almost relish it.
    First, Bud Selig needs to explain why McCourt is stripped of his team and does not press Fred Wilpon, who had 500 plus accounts with the biggest swindler in history.
    Secondly, any Mets fan that spends money at the park this season is a moron. You don’t want to spend, WE DON’T EITHER….Make them sell the team.
    Not interested in updates on twitter on how Jerry Hairston is working out, or how we are going to shop David Wright. I am taking the year off. I hope they lose 121. I have had it.

7. bigzant82 - Feb 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

IM A METS FAN AND I DONT WANNA WASTE MONSY GOIN TO THE GAMES WHEN WE ARENT TRYING TO WIN

8. gomezfam5 - Feb 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

That’s why us padres fans are glad his sorry alderson ass is out of San Diego. Too bad he quit before they could FIRE him!

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5311)
  2. M. Kemp (3149)
  3. W. Middlebrooks (2879)
  4. C. McGehee (2876)