Feb 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after throwing 101 innings with a 5.70 ERA and 61/32 K/BB ratio in 12 starts and 22 relief appearances.
Bergesen was much better in his first two seasons, posting a 4.33 ERA in 293 innings, but his lack of strikeouts made it tough to predict a breakout. He’ll be competing for a rotation spot during spring training, but way wind up in a long relief role instead.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)