Feb 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after throwing 101 innings with a 5.70 ERA and 61/32 K/BB ratio in 12 starts and 22 relief appearances.
Bergesen was much better in his first two seasons, posting a 4.33 ERA in 293 innings, but his lack of strikeouts made it tough to predict a breakout. He’ll be competing for a rotation spot during spring training, but way wind up in a long relief role instead.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15