Feb 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after throwing 101 innings with a 5.70 ERA and 61/32 K/BB ratio in 12 starts and 22 relief appearances.
Bergesen was much better in his first two seasons, posting a 4.33 ERA in 293 innings, but his lack of strikeouts made it tough to predict a breakout. He’ll be competing for a rotation spot during spring training, but way wind up in a long relief role instead.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)