Feb 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after throwing 101 innings with a 5.70 ERA and 61/32 K/BB ratio in 12 starts and 22 relief appearances.
Bergesen was much better in his first two seasons, posting a 4.33 ERA in 293 innings, but his lack of strikeouts made it tough to predict a breakout. He’ll be competing for a rotation spot during spring training, but way wind up in a long relief role instead.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)