Feb 9, 2012, 11:43 AM EST
“We’re discussing the options — and he has some options — and over the next few days, we’re going to try to figure it out. These next few days is just a period of introspection, where he’s trying to decide what to do, whether to play, who to play for.
Seems to me that 30 general managers have already made his decision for him, but hey, he’s entitled to call it a career on his own terms if he wants to.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)