Feb 9, 2012, 11:43 AM EDT
“We’re discussing the options — and he has some options — and over the next few days, we’re going to try to figure it out. These next few days is just a period of introspection, where he’s trying to decide what to do, whether to play, who to play for.
Seems to me that 30 general managers have already made his decision for him, but hey, he’s entitled to call it a career on his own terms if he wants to.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 142
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (145)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)