Feb 9, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
The A.J. Burnett trade rumors are very real, but they’re apparently not leading to a transaction.
Jones hasn’t come close to the .938 OPS that he posted in his breakout rookie campaign (back in 2009), but he possesses a decent power bat and is still an inexpensive arbitration-eligible everyday player for Pittsburgh. Burnett, meanwhile, has registered a 5.20 ERA over the past two seasons and is owed $16.5 million in both 2012 and 2013. The Yankees would probably have to eat close to $25-27 million to make the trade worth it for the Pirates.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)