Feb 10, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Fresh off a contract extension that will keep him with the A’s through 2019, general manager Billy Beane is headed to the Academy Awards.
Beane told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that he’ll be there on February 26 to support “Moneyball” and Brad Pitt, who portrayed him in the Oscar-nominated movie.
Of course, absolutely I’m rooting for him. Not me. It’s got nothing to do with me. It’s all about Brad. He’s a great guy, and I do want him to win for his sake, not for me. He’s the one who put himself on the line. He’s one of the producers, and he was the driving force behind getting the movie made. Anything he gets, he deserves.
Asked about the tuxedo he bought last week, Beane said he “avoided ruffles and power blue.” Presumably he’ll also leave his spit cup at home.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- The Lester trade is a win-win 68
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 132
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (130)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)