Feb 10, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Fresh off a contract extension that will keep him with the A’s through 2019, general manager Billy Beane is headed to the Academy Awards.
Beane told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that he’ll be there on February 26 to support “Moneyball” and Brad Pitt, who portrayed him in the Oscar-nominated movie.
Of course, absolutely I’m rooting for him. Not me. It’s got nothing to do with me. It’s all about Brad. He’s a great guy, and I do want him to win for his sake, not for me. He’s the one who put himself on the line. He’s one of the producers, and he was the driving force behind getting the movie made. Anything he gets, he deserves.
Asked about the tuxedo he bought last week, Beane said he “avoided ruffles and power blue.” Presumably he’ll also leave his spit cup at home.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)