Feb 10, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Fresh off a contract extension that will keep him with the A’s through 2019, general manager Billy Beane is headed to the Academy Awards.
Beane told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that he’ll be there on February 26 to support “Moneyball” and Brad Pitt, who portrayed him in the Oscar-nominated movie.
Of course, absolutely I’m rooting for him. Not me. It’s got nothing to do with me. It’s all about Brad. He’s a great guy, and I do want him to win for his sake, not for me. He’s the one who put himself on the line. He’s one of the producers, and he was the driving force behind getting the movie made. Anything he gets, he deserves.
Asked about the tuxedo he bought last week, Beane said he “avoided ruffles and power blue.” Presumably he’ll also leave his spit cup at home.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (77)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault