Feb 10, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Fresh off a contract extension that will keep him with the A’s through 2019, general manager Billy Beane is headed to the Academy Awards.
Beane told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that he’ll be there on February 26 to support “Moneyball” and Brad Pitt, who portrayed him in the Oscar-nominated movie.
Of course, absolutely I’m rooting for him. Not me. It’s got nothing to do with me. It’s all about Brad. He’s a great guy, and I do want him to win for his sake, not for me. He’s the one who put himself on the line. He’s one of the producers, and he was the driving force behind getting the movie made. Anything he gets, he deserves.
Asked about the tuxedo he bought last week, Beane said he “avoided ruffles and power blue.” Presumably he’ll also leave his spit cup at home.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)