Feb 10, 2012, 1:36 PM EST
Sorry, NCO’s need not apply, but if you’re a youngin’ enlisted man or woman, you can get a great deal on Padres season tickets:
The Padres announced Thursday they will begin selling an exclusive season pass for junior enlisted military personnel (pay grades E1-E3). The $99 pass includes one upper reserved seat for every home game except Opening Day.
That’s totally awesome. At least until you realize that your jerk sergeant/chief won’t let you off duty to go to the games.
But hey, they don’t shoot you for going AWOL for three hours, swabby, so you should probably take a chance. Really. I won’t tell anyone.
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)