Feb 10, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
Sorry, NCO’s need not apply, but if you’re a youngin’ enlisted man or woman, you can get a great deal on Padres season tickets:
The Padres announced Thursday they will begin selling an exclusive season pass for junior enlisted military personnel (pay grades E1-E3). The $99 pass includes one upper reserved seat for every home game except Opening Day.
That’s totally awesome. At least until you realize that your jerk sergeant/chief won’t let you off duty to go to the games.
But hey, they don’t shoot you for going AWOL for three hours, swabby, so you should probably take a chance. Really. I won’t tell anyone.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)