Feb 10, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
Sorry, NCO’s need not apply, but if you’re a youngin’ enlisted man or woman, you can get a great deal on Padres season tickets:
The Padres announced Thursday they will begin selling an exclusive season pass for junior enlisted military personnel (pay grades E1-E3). The $99 pass includes one upper reserved seat for every home game except Opening Day.
That’s totally awesome. At least until you realize that your jerk sergeant/chief won’t let you off duty to go to the games.
But hey, they don’t shoot you for going AWOL for three hours, swabby, so you should probably take a chance. Really. I won’t tell anyone.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)