Feb 10, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
Ahh, can’t wait to get to spring training next month!
Those words, by the way, are from A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy, who took over Jimmy Traina’s Hot Clicks column over at Sports Illustrated today. McCarthy is one of the few ballplayers I enjoy following on Twitter — he’s awesome — and his wit translates well to longer form. And he asks you to choose which character is better: Jack Donaghy or Ron Swanson. I think this will cause people to fight.
Oh, and he posts a bikini pic of his wife as his “Lovely Lady of the Day.” Which is rather open-minded of both him and Mrs. McCarthy.
Go read it. It’s easily the most yuks you’ll get today.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)