Feb 10, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Ahh, can’t wait to get to spring training next month!
Those words, by the way, are from A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy, who took over Jimmy Traina’s Hot Clicks column over at Sports Illustrated today. McCarthy is one of the few ballplayers I enjoy following on Twitter — he’s awesome — and his wit translates well to longer form. And he asks you to choose which character is better: Jack Donaghy or Ron Swanson. I think this will cause people to fight.
Oh, and he posts a bikini pic of his wife as his “Lovely Lady of the Day.” Which is rather open-minded of both him and Mrs. McCarthy.
Go read it. It’s easily the most yuks you’ll get today.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)