Feb 10, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Ahh, can’t wait to get to spring training next month!
Those words, by the way, are from A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy, who took over Jimmy Traina’s Hot Clicks column over at Sports Illustrated today. McCarthy is one of the few ballplayers I enjoy following on Twitter — he’s awesome — and his wit translates well to longer form. And he asks you to choose which character is better: Jack Donaghy or Ron Swanson. I think this will cause people to fight.
Oh, and he posts a bikini pic of his wife as his “Lovely Lady of the Day.” Which is rather open-minded of both him and Mrs. McCarthy.
Go read it. It’s easily the most yuks you’ll get today.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)