Feb 10, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Ahh, can’t wait to get to spring training next month!
Those words, by the way, are from A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy, who took over Jimmy Traina’s Hot Clicks column over at Sports Illustrated today. McCarthy is one of the few ballplayers I enjoy following on Twitter — he’s awesome — and his wit translates well to longer form. And he asks you to choose which character is better: Jack Donaghy or Ron Swanson. I think this will cause people to fight.
Oh, and he posts a bikini pic of his wife as his “Lovely Lady of the Day.” Which is rather open-minded of both him and Mrs. McCarthy.
Go read it. It’s easily the most yuks you’ll get today.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 26
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)