Jed Lowrie is in The Best Shape of His Life

Feb 10, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT

Our BSOHL team has been missing a middle infielder.  Thank goodness, then, that Jed Lowrie‘s agent tweeted the following last night:

Apparently the Red Sox traded him because he was woefully out of shape and the relationship was strained.

1. kopy - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yonder Alonso – SD
    Carlos Gutierrez – MIN
    Mark Teixeira – NYY
    Dmitri Young – FA
    Yoenis Cespedes – FA

• Francisco (FC) - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

28 players, 12 more and you’ll have a full 40 man roster. I’m sure there’s enough for a good Fantasy Baseball team. That should be HBT’s pet project this coming season.

• cur68 - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Honestly, I’m thinking we need to field these guys. I’m seriously considering it, too. The absence of Beaver Men is disappointing, but Lind, Encarnacion, Rasmus, and Snider could all use some chiseling from last season. If they make it in as BSOHL under the wire for drafting day then I’m gonna have a go with Team BSOHL. Lowrie really adds some D for all those hits those ‘pitchers’ (sorry Brett Cecil, but losing 30 lbs, while admirable, doesn’t mean your fastball breaks 91mph regularly) are going to give up. These guys could OPS the hell out of lots of teams.

2. shaggylocks - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I think the BSOHL title should only go to players who are actually described as being in “the best shape of his life.” This off-season those standards have been getting a little slack around here, I’ve noticed.

• kopy - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Discussions about a player are encourage. Somebody can always be removed. Although not everyone on the list has been specifically described as “BSOHL”, they’ve all been some variation such as, “best I’ve ever felt”, “best I’ve ever seen him”, “leanest I’ve been heading into a season”, “never felt better”, etc.

• Bryz - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I love BSOHL posts, but I have to agree with you. I don’t think losing/gaining some weight counts for BSOHL unless someone acknowledges that, as kopy says, this player is BSOHL, “best I’ve ever felt,” “best I’ve ever seen,” etc.

3. mdpickles - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I’m in the best drinking shape of my life. It’s Friday!! 8 days till pitchers and catchers. Then we get to see who on that BSOHL list is lying.

4. bloodysock - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

For Lowrie, this isn’t a stretch. With his prior battles with mono, wrist injuries and other maladies, he should be coming to camp in the BSOHL this season.

5. stex52 - Feb 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Thank God somebody is coming into Astros ST ready to play baseball.

6. nickswish33 - Feb 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM

They should have a BSOHL section during the offseason so I can avoid it

7. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Feb 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Who would have thought a guy would have to go from Boston to Texas to GET AWAY from the fried chicken?

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. G. Springer (3941)