JetBlue goes Red Sox crazy

Feb 10, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT

Red Sox Jet Blue

I’ve never flown JetBlue before because I live in the middle of the country and JetBlue doesn’t seem all that interested in flying here.  Oh, they tried, but we Midwesterners would have none of it. Oh well. Not sure whose loss it was.

But they’re big in the northeast.  Really big. As today’s unveiling of a JetBlue plane dressed up in Red Sox gear makes clear.  Make sure you note the pics of Bobby Valentine in the cabin.  I assume that means he’ll be providing complementary in-flight beverage service.

If you fly on that particular plane, however, beware:  they spent all of the money that should have gone on floating seat cushions and oxygen masks on their EPL soccer team.  At least that’s my guess.

1. Clinton Manitoba - Feb 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

New Red Sox spring training facility that opens this year is JetBlue Park

2. gendisarray - Feb 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

That’s crazy talk. We all know baseball planes and soccer planes are completely different.

3. proudlycanadian - Feb 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM

How can an airline named Blue, paint a plane red? Blue is cool, but red is hot and not cool.

• El Bravo - Feb 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Blue is autobot, red is decepticon….not cool at all.

• cktai - Feb 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Blie is hot, red is cool. Have you not been paying attention during astrophysics?

4. philly56 - Feb 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Meh, I prefer Southwest when I fly into/out of Boston…

“please obey all instructions given to you by a uniformed flight attendant…..But DON’T TRUST THE NAKED ONES!!!”

HA!

5. natstowngreg - Feb 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Waste of a perfectly good airplane.

6. imbetterthanyou - Feb 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Can I demand a refund and free flight change ifI’m walking into the boarding ramp and see that I am getting on a Red Sox plane? I don’t want to fly in a plane decorated on the logo of a team that crashes and burns.

• bigharold - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Usually they only crash and burn in September and October, .. so just avoid those months.

7. bigharold - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

“Make sure you note the pics of Bobby Valentine in the cabin. I assume that means he’ll be providing complementary in-flight beverage service.”

You assume wrong, .. Bobby V is responsible for flight wraps!

8. xrateplaya - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

They don’t fly to the Midwest because no one wants to go there.. Except maybe Chicago

• marinersnate - Feb 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Very clever comment, sir. Very clever indeed.

• umrguy42 - Feb 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Actually, as a displaced Midwesterner – *I* want to go there. And NOT to Chicago. (After a couple trips through it, I *hate* O’Hare. Gimme Detroit any day of the week.)

9. Dave Barker - Feb 11, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Is that really the Red Sox mascot? I guess in Boston nothing says “fun” more than a plain green blob sitting atop a drab grey jersey.

10. deathmonkey41 - Feb 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Did ESPN buy Jet Blue or something?

Three legends off to Cooperstown