Kevin Youkilis is marrying Tom Brady’s sister? OK.

Feb 10, 2012, 6:47 AM EDT

Boston Red Sox v Tampa Bay Rays Getty Images

It’s like a royal wedding for Boston. Kevin Youkilis is getting hitched to Tom Brady’s sister. Or so reports the Boston Herald.

And more notable than that news is the exact phrasing of the article which delivers it and the fact that it took three bylined writers to craft the prose:

This is supposed to be hush-hush and on the deep down-low, but you know us. It’s time to pop the bubbly because Kevin Youkilis and Tom Brady’s sis, Julie, are engaged!

The happy couple, who spent Super Bowl week together with the Brady clan in Indy, got engaged “recently” after dating for at least a year, we’re told from a few F.O.Ys.

I wish I was important enough to have friends with their own initials like that. “A few F.O.C.’s tell us that Calcaterra is going to eat leftover lasagna for dinner for the third straight night!”  I guess one needs friends before that happens though. Yeah.

Less than two months until the first post of the morning is about baseball people. Less than two months.

1. proudlycanadian - Feb 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Kind of reminds me of a fairy tale romance. More specifically: “The Beauty And The Beast”.

• yankeesfanlen - Feb 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM

“Lady and the Tramp”?

• CJ - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM

which one’s the lady?

• Utley's Hair - Feb 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Based on that pic on the story, it’s more appropriate to leave it at “Brady and the Beast.” She looks like a female Tom—and the looks don’t translate well.

• CJ - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM

wouldn’t that make it “Beauty and the Brady” or “Youky and the Beast”?

• aleskel - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM

classic shiks-appeal

2. tilllman40 - Feb 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM

That’s re ta did maybe she can complain about sox players striking out

3. lostsok - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Youk always seems like a an-hole. Good ballplayer, but I wouldn’t want him to date my…oh, wait…

Sorry Tom. You lose again!

4. Jonny 5 - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM

That’s strange, Tom Brady may be prettier than his sister….. What else is strange? I’M also eating leftover Lasagna for the third straight day. Although today as well as yesterday it’s more of a lunch kinda thing for me. Mine is a white lasagna with chicken and spinach, ricotta, and alfredo. And it’s just awesome. Sure beats a Wawa hoagie.

• CJ - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM

ah Wawa. Too bad most people on here don’t know what that is. Picture a clean 7-11 with actually edible food. Yeah, it’s about 100x better than that.

• Jonny 5 - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Were you able to try the Gobbler bowl around the holidays? It was like 4 bucks for a bowl of mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey breast with gravy, and cranberry sauce if you like it that way. I like it that way, gawd do I like it that way…. The quesadillas are pretty good too.

• CJ - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

no I wasn’t, but I’ll give it a shot around turkey day this year.

• havlicekstoletheball - Feb 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM

A clean 7-11? Isn’t that like a tall midget?

• Utley's Hair - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Wawa hoagies kick a$$. The coffee is the best around, too. The cheesesteaks leave something to be desired, though—namely the steak part.

• yankeesfanlen - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Do they skimp on the horsemeat, Ut?

• The Rabbit - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Good Morning Jonny,
      I am soooo jealous.
      Given what passes for a “sub” on this area, i.e., boiled ham and American cheese on a soft roll, a Wawa hoagie with Italian meats, hot peppers, and a roll with a crust would be great…. and of course, a package of Tastykake chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

• Utley's Hair - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM

You can order Tastykakes on their website. Cold chocolate Kandy Kakes are the best.

• Utley's Hair - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

• Jonny 5 - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Morning Rabbit,

Not to rub it in further (ok, maybe just a bit) but Wawa hoagies are not at the very top of my list of preferred sandwiches. Allow me to demonstrate (UT, you have Lee’s near you I think?click on locations tab)

• badmamainphilliesjamas - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM

@Jonny – unfortunately, not all Lee’s hoagies live up to the standards of the original…I think they’re franchised now, and some are better than others. I haven’t found one yet that could match a Cheltenham from the original Lee’s. :)

#phillyfoodthreadjack

• Jonny 5 - Feb 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM

badmamainphilliesjamas, Marlton NJ has very good sandwiches and fries. It’s kinda low budget but it seems they put their money into making great sandwiches which I appreciate more actually. That’s probably where I’ll pick up dinner tonight for the family. Honestly I haven’t had any other Lee’s so my view is clouded by the one location I frequent. I assumed they all had the same standards but I know at times certain franchise owners can skimp.

• The Rabbit - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Good Morning Mr. Utley,
        I have ordered Tastykakes from the website and would also ship them to Eric when he was in college. KandyKakes are even good frozen! I get back to Philly a couple times a year, so I stock up.

@Jonny,
        Wawa would just be preferable to anything within 200 miles of here. Have to go to the Italian neighborhood in St. Louis to get good eats.
        I’ve had Lee’s in Marlton hoagies and they were very good. If I were down the shore, I’d be in line at the White House. The original Gaetano’s in Willingboro had good sandwiches, too. The pepperoni cheese steak was the bomb.

5. kiwicricket - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I applaud this move. It’s not socially, or physically responsible of Youkilis to marry someone less attractive than himself.*
    This was specifically done with genetics in mind.

*Assuming Brady’s least attractive sister is still vastly more attractive than Kevin.

6. kiwicricket - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM

-Stare at the picture for 5 seconds.

Question.
    If Youkilis happened to be a plumber, and not a famous baseball player…. do you think Tom would still be stoked for his sister?

• havlicekstoletheball - Feb 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Sure he would! If the plumber had a $17 million dollar a year contract.

7. kaf39 - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Didn’t even know they were dating.

8. Old Gator - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It’s tough to figure out whether to commend both of them for looking beneath the surface and finding the real deep down beauty in each other’s souls, or express my sympathy to whichever one of them lost some horrible bet.

9. Francisco (FC) - Feb 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Genetics was firmly in the minds of the folks engaged. After a couple of more generations cross breeding family talents, Boston will have its own Kwizatz Haderach: The Super Athelete.

• umrguy42 - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Kwizatz Ballerach, maybe?

• umrguy42 - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Maybe if like Tim Thomas marries the sister of one of the Celtics, and the offspring from the two pairings mate… we might be there.

10. drewsylvania - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM

This made me laugh. Thanks Craig.

11. neelyisgod - Feb 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Well there goes Youks production numbers down the drain, similar to Brady’s since he married Giselle

12. trucker2020 - Feb 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM

When Jacoby Ellsbury missed a year after having 3 ribs seperated from the rest of his body, Youkilis critisized him for not going to the games to sit on the bench.That’s a big reason Ellsbury will never re-sign with Boston Ellsbury responded last season by having the kind of year Youkilis could only dream about.Also, Youkilis was one of the players drinking beer & munching fried chicken during last years historic collapse.When management said they were going to clean house, I expected this bum to be the first to go.Instead of cleaning house they let Epstien & Francona go, both of whom never played a game & were instramental in bringing 2 world series wins to Boston.As a recovering Red Sox fan I hope they go another 86 years ’til they win another one.I never thought I’d say this, but I wish Tom Brady was Ray Lewis!

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey