Feb 11, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
The odds are against Miguel Cabrera‘s third base experiment being successful, but you can’t say he isn’t taking the transition seriously. Cabrera was added to HBT’s BSOHL roster after trainer Radhi Muhammad of 4.40 Fitness and Athlete Development tweeted this picture of his impressive physique late last month, but now we have some details of his actual weight loss.
According to Tom Gage of the Detroit News, teammate Alex Avila told ESPN’s Baseball Tonight yesterday that Cabrera has “lost 20-plus pounds and hopes to lose at least 15 more.” The 28-year-old estimated that he was at about 270 pounds entering spring training last year, so Jason Beck of MLB.com thinks that likely puts him in the range of 250-255 pounds. That’s still pretty big for a third baseman, but at least the dude is motivated.
Be afraid, AL pitchers. Be very afraid.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 13
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)